To vote in the Annual Town Election on June 9, 2020, without going to the polls, you can vote early by mail or by absentee ballot. Complete details are available on the Town Clerk’s webpage. Here is a summary:
- The 2020 Annual Town Meeting has been postponed to a date to be determined.
- The Annual Town Election is scheduled for June 9, 2020
- The new voter registration deadline is Friday, May 29, 2020 from 8AM – 12:30 PM and from 2 PM to 4 PM and from 7 PM to 8 PM.
- Absentee ballots cast for the March 31 annual town election may be counted for the new date. However, a voter who wants to vote in person on the date of the new election may do so if their absentee ballot has not yet been counted.
- You may apply for an absentee ballot if you have a physical disability that prevents you from going to the polling place OR (until June 30, 2020) if you are taking precautions related to COVID-19 in response to a declared state of emergency or from guidance from a medical professional, local or state health official, or any civil authority.
- Applications for an absentee ballot must be received in the Office of the Town Clerk by noon the day before the June 9, 2020 Annual Town election
- Early voting by mail, as of March 25, 2020, is an option for any annual or special municipal or state election held on or before June 30, 2020 for those not eligible to apply for an absentee ballot.
- Voters must submit a written request for an EV ballot which can be the application or any form of written communication asking for an EV ballot. Early Voting applications are also available 24 hours per day in the vestibule at Town Hall, at the Office of the Town Clerk, and on the Secretary of the Commonwealth website.
- Early Voting By Mail Ballot or Absentee Ballot can be mailed back to the Office of the Town Clerk or returned to the Office when Town Hall reopens. In addition, between April 9th and June 1st, a voter may place either type of ballot in a temporary secure drop box in the vestibule at Town Hall.
- The deadline to apply for either an Absentee Ballot or Early Voting Ballot is noon on the day before the June 9, 2020 election.
The deadline to return the completed ballots to the Office of the Town Clerk is the close of polls (8pm) on the new election date.